Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Watson Mill - Photoshopped!

I've had Photoshop Elements for a while, but I've recently started seriously working with a full blown version of Photoshop...and this is my first attempt at playing around with selections in one of my photographs.

I figure that it's just as important to learn post-processing with the photos as it is to learn about in-camera processing and composition. Earlier this year when I took up photography as a hobby, I thought that post-processing with a software application like Photoshop or Photoshop Elements took away from the original captured image and I was determined not to use it, but as I've learned a little more and have gained a better understanding of how to maximize the capabilities of my camera, I realize that post-processing is an integral part of digital photography. It's basically the digital version of a film photographer taking his negatives into the dark room and processing them. Just as that was and is an important step in film photography, so is post-processing with Photoshop in digital.

This is the same picture as Watson Mill at Dusk below, but with the obvious changes made. Posted by Picasa

No comments: