Saturday, December 09, 2006

Hard Labor Creek State Park

I woke up about an hour before sunrise on a Saturday morning and drove for about 30 minutes to get to Hard Labor Creek State Park. It's located just above the city of Rutledge, GA.

I wasn't even aware that this park existed until this past Thursday when I began looking for a few places to go within a short distance of Athens. Apparently, this park has a really nice public golf course. It gets its name from one of two sources:

1. It was named Hard Labor Creek by slaves who worked the fields.

2. It was named Hard Labor Creek by native American Indians who "found it difficult to ford."

I don't know which one is the true origin, but it's a nice little park. I'll have to go back one day when it's not so cold. The temperatures were in the teens when I was taking these photographs. I stayed out about two hours and my fingers and toes were so cold, I had to cut the trip short.

I'm rather proud of this particular B&W, though. It's one of my favorite B&W pictures I've taken.

Tv: 1.0
Av: 29.0
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 53.0mm Posted by Picasa

No comments: