Saturday, April 01, 2006

Snake

As it is early spring and the weather today was in the upper 70's, this snake decided to come out and soak up a little sun. Not a bad idea.

I took this from a little bridge over a stream so I couldn't get too close (not that I'd want to anyway), but that prevented me from really getting a good shot. I cropped into this picture to get a little more detail on the snake. A long lens would have worked well in this situation.

I can't tell what kind of snake this is. I think it's just a harmless brown water snake (or a brown rat snake) but if anyone knows, please post a comment letting me know what kind you think it is.

Tv: 1/100
Av: 5.6
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 55.0 mm
White Balance: Daylight Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe it's a Northern water snake ( Nerodia sipedon).