Monday, February 20, 2006

Watson Mill Bridge VI

This is the entrance to the bridge. Nothing spectacular about this picture...and I was even a little upset that I didn't capture it more clearly. It wasn't hard to take...just stand in the middle of the road and shoot.

Anyway, this is the bridge. Built in 1885. The longest original covered bridge in the state of Georgia.

Although this is the last picture I'm posting on my blog from my trip to the park, this one will be at the top...so, if you're reading, the next 15 or so pictures below this one are from the park.

I get really nervous about driving across this thing. As you can see, there are wooden planks for you to drive over, but I'm always paranoid that I'll swerve off them a little and drive onto the old boards below...then the whole bridge will give way and I'll go plunging into the water below.

Probably not very likely...but I think about that every time I drive across it!

Here's the link to the Watson Mill Bridge State Park if you'd like to check it out:

http://www.negia.net/~watson/

It's a beautiful place. One of my favorite places on earth. I plan on going back to take more pictures during spring or summer when there is some color in the park. Posted by Picasa

No comments: